mpa

Having troubles with this forum? Anything that you need help with, post here and someone will assist you as soon as possible. If having issues logging in or registering please use the contact form on here or the website.
Mandi
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pronouns: She / Her

Post by Mandi »

Slightly different screen today:

The Thanks for joining bit is no longer there, still can't see nor do anything. Also no approval activation email either. Still tryna figure out the exact issue.
Fading to perfection My faithful Obsession
TeddyMadim
Official Member
Official Member

Post by TeddyMadim »

I have written to Goddess Annea to tell her about this. (One of the Admins at MPA)

TeddyMadim
To me ProAna is a revolution against illness. Proactive Pro Ana for a better life. You may also find me at Project Shapeshift and Ana's Underground Grotto
TeddyMadim
Official Member
Official Member

Post by TeddyMadim »

:/ At MPA the mail system does not work. I thought the new owners fixed the problems, but they are getting worse.
Mandi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mandi »

Geez that's server level issue and possibly an easy fix. Would explain other issues if nobody is getting activation emails. If it is done how this board is where you gotta click a link to have the account fully activated.Or if the board sees the email rejected and won't activate the account regardless of admin approval.

(hey new owners of MPA, if you read this and want to start fixing the place, hit me up. Seriously.)
pinkie
Official Member
Official Member
Post by pinkie »

Mandi wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:25 pm Geez that's server level issue and possibly an easy fix. Would explain other issues if nobody is getting activation emails. If it is done how this board is where you gotta click a link to have the account fully activated.Or if the board sees the email rejected and won't activate the account regardless of admin approval.

(hey new owners of MPA, if you read this and want to start fixing the place, hit me up. Seriously.)
do you know any other pro ana forums that are not dead or 18+? dont get me wrong i love this forum but i feel i need something to look at when here is empty yknow? : )
she/her
sw:135
cw:120
gw:100
Mandi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mandi »

It's cool. I'm pretty old school when one was encouraged to join other forums. There are just so few these days. Not too sure what the age rules are on EDC.
https://eatingdisordercentral.com/

Pancake mentions 18+ but also 13 up for membership just no access to 18+ areas, if I read their rules correctly.

Think Pages looks 13 plus. Not too sure how busy Ana Angels is these days. They used to be really active.

... and at this rate I'll have another forum rebooted before mpa is fixed. :lol:
pinkie
Official Member
Official Member
Post by pinkie »

thank you so much!! :D
she/her
sw:135
cw:120
gw:100
TeddyMadim
Official Member
Official Member

Post by TeddyMadim »

I just got a reply from one of the mods. She is not very optimistic. There is a reason to why they started the three spin off sites...

TeddyMadim
Mandi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mandi »

Seriously? I did some digging into the company that bought MPA, VerticalScope. VS is a subsidiary of TorStar, and VS stock alone is worth (as of July 2021) 144 million dollars. (TorStar purchased VS in 2015 for 200 million) The corporation is by no means broke. But some forums they own have not seen software updates in over 8 years. Actually some wouldn't even work on the server I am on, they are that old.

Honestly letting a place fall apart when they have the means to do something about it pisses me off. Thousands depend on that place being available. All while VS is doing some app for health care, yet can't get one proana community working as intended.
TeddyMadim
Official Member
Official Member

Post by TeddyMadim »

If it weren't for thefact that the company is losing money on this. you could suspect thatthey do this on purpose.