mpa

Having troubles with this forum? Anything that you need help with, post here and someone will assist you as soon as possible. If having issues logging in or registering please use the contact form on here or the website.
pinkie
Official Member
Official Member

Post by pinkie »

i know this is a different forum but it will not let me login i click on the go to topic but the same pop up keeps coming up
she/her
sw:135
cw:120
gw:100
Mandi
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pronouns: She / Her

Post by Mandi »

I'm not even a member there but this is a known bug of that forum. Some comment on this thread (link below) has solved it for some. Maybe worth trying, apart from that there are a few on here from mpa so maybe they can help out. This is the thread:

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topi ... te/page-57
Fading to perfection My faithful Obsession
pinkie
Official Member
Official Member
Post by pinkie »

Omgg thank you so much mandi! <3
unfortunately it didnt work :/ heh the stupid thing keeps popping up like i can see the texts but not interact.
she/her
TeddyMadim
Official Member
Official Member

Post by TeddyMadim »

Hi
I think they recently introduced an age limit , alongside some other rules.
And as you are 15... I know that the other MPA, My Pancake Addicition have a 18 y limit.
So that might be the reason
Do the banner take you to the rules?

TeddyMadim
To me ProAna is a revolution against illness. Proactive Pro Ana for a better life. You may also find me at Project Shapeshift and Ana's Underground Grotto
TeddyMadim
Official Member
Official Member

Post by TeddyMadim »

NO SORRY ! I was wrong

The age limit there is 13! But at M Pancake Addiction it is 18

Teddy Madim
Mandi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mandi »

Now I am curious and probably time I joined there. I'll do that in a bit, with Chrome as it appears what browser you are using, and see if I get that popup and what gets it gone. If I can get rid of it using only PC I'll post what steps I did to solve the issue.
Mandi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mandi »

Ok I am joined logged in and getting the exact same error. Did you get any email about registration being approved by the administrator? I have not got that yet. The issue appears to be with the permissions setting, no idea why guests can read that post yet when logged in it doesn't allow it because of the forum based setting.

I have a background in how the forums work from the back end and kinda hate work-arounds. Going to wait for the admin approval and try to get in again. If that don't work then I know its a setting in the back end that they gotta fix.

This is the part I am wondering about:

It could be a way to prevent people from bypassing the admin approval.
pinkie
Official Member
Official Member
Post by pinkie »

TeddyMadim wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:52 am NO SORRY ! I was wrong

The age limit there is 13! But at M Pancake Addiction it is 18

Teddy Madim
YOUR FINE!! thank youu so much!
she/her
pinkie
Official Member
Official Member
Post by pinkie »

Mandi wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:07 pm Ok I am joined logged in and getting the exact same error. Did you get any email about registration being approved by the administrator? I have not got that yet. The issue appears to be with the permissions setting, no idea why guests can read that post yet when logged in it doesn't allow it because of the forum based setting.

I have a background in how the forums work from the back end and kinda hate work-arounds. Going to wait for the admin approval and try to get in again. If that don't work then I know its a setting in the back end that they gotta fix.

This is the part I am wondering about:

It could be a way to prevent people from bypassing the admin approval.
Thank you so so so much for your help!
I didnt get any emails it so weird
thank you for looking into this <3 i wonder why it does this i cant look at anything!
she/her
Mandi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mandi »

You're welcome. No email yet for me either. Imagine a big board like that gets a lot of sign ups, so lots to go through.
i wonder why it does this i cant look at anything!
Different places have different ways of dealing with potential spam. I went with confirmation email and moderated posting. It allows more immediate posting ability, but long term more work to approve the 4 posts. Bigger boards makes more sense to admin approve memberships, one click approval as opposed to the way I do it 4 clicks to approve 4 posts. It all comes down to personal preference to the workflow of administrating.